Monday, November 19, 2012

Project Life: Nov. 11-17



This week, I really didn't do a whole lot, what with STILL being sick and all...thankfully, the worst appears to be over. I did end up getting a full two page spread, plus two inserts. The first insert will be posted later, because both printers decided to go on strike before I could finish it. The second insert is a secret, because it contains my mystery homemade holiday treats, so that page will come along with the complete tutorial. So, here are the goodies:


I used Becky Higgins Page Design A. The header card is from the Project Life Cobalt Edition Core Kit, and I attached one of the cute little ephemera flash cards I found at a vintage shop - this one says "week."I added an homage to twinkies, as it looked as though we might lose them - thankfully, our junk food is safe. There is a picture of Scott's new iPhone, as he is finally joining the 21st century. And, of course, I started this blog this week, so I had to include a large 4x12 print of the homepage.



I used Becky Higgins Page Design B. This was not so much for the design of this week's spread, but for next week's - I designed a vertical header card especially for Thanksgiving.  I really like the look of using multiple slots for one picture. In this case, I used the two vertical 4x6 slots on the top left to remember my scooter-bound shopping adventure (my lung capacity is far below normal, and Thanksgiving shopping would have been too much without it). Scott was only home one day this week, and he spent it with his Kiwi. She played tug of war with his shirt for a while, and then they both fell asleep, which made for a great photoshoot. The header card is from the Project Life 4x6 Textured Cardstock Cobalt Pack and I pasted on one of the Project Life 3x4 grid cards. The pink washi tape is from World Market. The journaling card is also one of the  Project Life 3x4 grid cards.

I expect the next layout to be huge...the main two pages will obviously be Thanksgiving related, but we've done a lot this week, some major home makeovers included. Plus, my family will be visiting and we will be doing all sorts of fun activities, which should make for a lot of Project Life-ing. But hey, it's a holiday, so it's gonna take a lot of real estate. Apparently, it is quite common to fill several binders per year, and, at this rate, I'll probably end up with three or four at least by the end of 2013. So, back to getting my house ready for our first official house guests. Happy prepping!


No comments:

Post a Comment