Saturday, November 17, 2012

11 Thanksgiving DIY Projects

Like I need an excuse for crafts...but Thanksgiving is right around the corner! As a kid, a paper chain related scissors mishap sent me to the ER for stitches on Thanksgiving, but I have since become more careful with my holiday crafting, and I still have all 10 fingers. In the spirit of the holiday, I've rounded up of some of the best DIY turkey day crafts to get you in the season! So, here are the goodies:

DIY Linen Thanksgiving Napkins 

I love a good coordinated napkin, and these are simple yet stylish, neutral yet bold and, best of all, easy to make. Whip out your sewing machine and make some custom napkins to spice up your Thanksgiving table.

 

Tutorial at the Purl Bee 

DIY Corkboard Leaf Trivets

You can't have a DIY holiday roundup without Martha. These quick to make trivets will look great with your table decor, and keep your table linens safe from your hot hot hot food.


Tutorial at Martha Stewart


DIY Thanksgiving Wall Art

I love this simple, rustic art piece. It will remind your guests what the holiday is all about, while jazzing up your wall.

 

 DIY Kids Table Decor

Our family is in that phase where there are no kids (don't look at me, Mom), but I'm a sucker for a really well done kids table. Keeping the kids occupied with crafts allows the adults to enjoy their dinner, and who wouldn't feel special with such a festive place setting? Kids Table Rule No.1: Always provide crayons.

Tutorial at Fiskars


DIY Leaf Garland

This colorful garland will brighten up your mantle or buffet, and is incredibly simple to make. It also makes a good craft for older kids to do so they can help with the festivizing of the house.
Tutorial at A Beautiful Mess


DIY Vintage Doll Holiday Placecards

You can't hear me humming the Mad Men theme song, but I am. Now you are too - sorry. These vintage paper dolls are a unique way to let everyone know where to sit, and they'll be sure to catch everyone's eye. Plus, they fit perfectly in adult beverage glasses, so you can all play Mad Men during dinner.

Tutorial at Apartment Therapy

 

DIY Mini Caramel Apples

Anything mini is automatically a winner, and I love a good nature craft. Do you have sticks? Do you have apples? Go buy some caramel. Now you have a tasty treat to enjoy during the parade!


Tutorial at Allyson Baker Design


DIY Kraft Paper Kids Table

I cannot stress enough the importance of crayons at a kids table. Covering the table in Kraft paper is an invitation to the artist in every kid, and it's a festive autumn color (brown, brown, brown). At the end of the night, each kid can cut out his or her masterpiece for a Thanksgiving souvenir!

Tutorial at Sweet Paul

 

Wine Bottle and Label Printables

Let your guests know how thankful you are to see them with these stylish labels! Stick one on a bottle of wine to jazz up a hostess gift, or put one in favor boxes, if you're one to give favors after slaving away over the stove for a whole day. 

Printables at PapernStitch Blog


DIY Mini Paper Pumpkins

Well, these are just adorable. I want to make a thousand of them and put them all around my house and live in a land of teeny pumpkins. I will be the giant pumpkin queen.


 

DIY Mini Cornucopia Favors

Everybody needs a cornucopia on Thanksgiving. I, however, would fill mine with candy, because nobody wants nuts. Nobody.

Tutorial at Live Laugh Rowe

No comments:

Post a Comment